Personal Data we collect
You can access most of this website without us directly collecting any personal information from you. However, we collect and process information about you when you are:
- Subscribed to our mailings
- Accessing the website
When you contact us we collect and store personal information about your interactions with us. Combined we process the following Personal Data about you when you use our website:
- Location Data: your device’s IP address can tell us your location when you connect to our website.
- When you are subscribed to our newsletter: your name, surname, email address, country, your specialisation (Physician, Nurse, Pharmacist) and whether you treat paediatric patients.
How we use your Personal Data: Purposes
- We use the Personal Data listed above for the following purposes:
What is the legal basis for our use of your Personal Data?
- For website users, we use your consent via the cookie banner to perform analytical and statistical analysis of our website
and its visitors.
- When contact is established with you we use your consent and our legitimate interest.
- When you subscribe to our mailings we use your consent.
Withdrawing your consent
How we protect your Personal Data
SOMAÍ uses appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that the Personal Data we process is protected from unauthorized access, use, destruction, alteration or disclosure in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. In case of data transmission or when IT storage problems arise we have appropriate procedures in place to protect your Personal Data and privacy.
Who has access to and how we may share your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data:
- When required with other service providers and consultants (IT, legal or financial advice) to help us deliver our services to you.
- If required to do so by law and/or regulations
We will otherwise never disclose your data with a third party, except where we have a legal obligation to do so or where we need to assist with investigating and preventing crimes. SOMAÍ may provide other third parties with statistical information and analysis, but we verify that no one can be identified from this information prior to disclosure.
International transfers of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be transferred to companies in countries that operate and are located outside of the EEA. When transferring Personal Data to countries outside of the EEA, SOMAÍ uses standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to ensure a sufficient level of protection.
Retention of your Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary in order to fulfil the purposes for which we have collected your Personal Data, including any legal requirements. When the Personal Data is no longer needed for its original processing goal, and there are no further legal requirements or you have withdrawn your consent, we will delete your Personal Data.
How to exercise your privacy rights
You have the following rights with regard to your Personal Data:
- Right to access information about how we process your Personal Data, including the categories of Personal Data that we process, recipients of your Personal Data and purposes of our processing
- Right to rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you, as well as, taking into account the purposes of the processing, the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed.
- Right to erasure (deletion) of Personal Data concerning you where:
- the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed
- you withdraw your consent and there are no other legal grounds for the processing
- you exercise your right to object and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for the processing
- the Personal Data has been unlawfully processed; or
- the Personal Data has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation applicable to us.
- Right to restriction of processing (i.e., data will be blocked from normal processing but not erased) where:
- you consent to the accuracy of the Personal Data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the Personal Data and request the restriction of its use instead
- we no longer need the Personal Data for the purposes of the processing but it is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims you exercise your right to object (see below) pending the verification of whether our legitimate grounds override yours
- Right to notification of the rectification or erasure of Personal Data or restriction of processing.
- Right to data portability, i.e., the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from us
- Right to object to processing of Personal Data based on our legitimate interests, provided that there are no compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that would override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- Right to not be subjected to automated decision-making: SOMAÍ does not make use of automated decision-making.
We may charge you a reasonable fee in the case that you request additional copies of your Personal Data or make excessive requests. Insofar as is practicable and required under law, we will notify third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data of any request for correction, deletion and/or restriction to the processing of your Personal Data. Please note that we cannot guarantee third parties will follow up on our notification and we encourage you to contact those third parties directly.
If you feel that our processing of your Personal Data infringes data protection laws, or if you feel that we have not handled your complaint properly, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority within your country.
Website of Third Parties
Our website contains hyperlinks to websites of Third Parties. These third party links are provided for your convenience only. We accept no liability for any content on the linked websites, or the websites themselves. We do our utmost to link to reputable websites but ultimately have no control over the content on these websites.
How to Contact Us
Postal address: Riverside One, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, Dublin, D02 X576, Ireland.
Our DPO: contact via firstname.lastname@example.org
V1, last updated: August 2022